Experts say combining two apartments into one is a wise and creative decision. It is considered more cost-effective than looking for a whole new two-bedroom apartment or purchasing a bigger unit. While this is considered a huge project to accomplish, it is essential to understand the ways to make it possible. Here are tips from expert Knockout Renovation.
- You are always urged to get a smart financial start. Engage with the right and reputable professionals when planning and budgeting. This enables you to make appropriate and beneficial decisions and would eventually help you save more time and money.
- There are always elements you need to consider, such as your building board to work on your project approvals. This is necessary prior to going through with the merging or remodeling.
- Normally, it is easier to get approval for adjoining two apartments on the same floor than for a vertical flat. Assuming, you’ll be granted to have a vertical apartment, the construction will be more complicated and pricier than expected.
- In every apartment renovation, gas and plumbing lines are expected to present challenges. Experts suggest these issues are standard for any remodeling project in NYC. If one apartment has a bathroom that lines up to the other apartment’s pantry or kitchen, you won’t be able to blast through the wall to create a giant toilet.
- There are always extra costs to look out for. The fees for your building, construction team, and all the materials are just half of what you have to pay. Remember that last-minute changes are possible that can add at least 5 percent of your total spending.
Turn to Knockout Renovation for your upcoming house or apartment remodeling project. You’ll get a full-service remodeling firm with over two decades of experience in New York apartment and home renovation. Call us at (212) 599-5060 or reach us here. We serve clients in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and the surrounding areas of NY.